Want something delicious, healthy, and so easy you can whip it up in your very own kitchen? In this week’s Chef Series, we bring to you a simple but indulgent guacamole recipe from Executive Chef Vitelio Reyes of Mayfair’s hip Latin American restaurant, Amazonico.
Originally opened in 2010 in Madrid, Amazonico continues to share the wonders of Latin American cuisine from their rainforest-themed restaurant in Berkeley Square, Mayfair. Caracas-born Vitelio Reyes leads their kitchen, having worked under Chef Virgilio Martínez Véliz at Lima Floral in Covent Garden.
- 2 whole ripe avocados
- 1/4 red onion in small dices
- 1 whole tomato – small dices and seeds removed
- 1 lime – juice only
- 1 small red chili – finely chopped
- Small bunch Coriander – finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Glug olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together until you have a smooth paste.
- Serve with tortilla chips as a snack, or with spiced chicken or pork as an accompaniment.