250g Soft Butter, room temperature
250g Light Muscovado Sugar
5 medium Free Range Eggs
250g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
50ml Camp Coffee
A little extra melted butter to brush in the tin to prevent sticking
A little extra flour for dusting
Icing sugar to decorate
- Brush a little melted Butter inside the tin making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies, then dust with flour, shaking the tin to ensure the whole tin is buttered and floured to help the cake turn out without sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and place a large baking sheet in the centre of the oven to place the bundt tin onto whilst baking.
- In a stand mixer, with an electric whisk or by hand with a bowl and wooden spoon, Cream the butter, sugar together well until pale and creamy
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time beating until incorporated
- Add the spices and baking powder to the flour and mix to distribute, then mix into the wet batter
- Mix in the buttermilk and camp coffee then spoon into the bundt tin, smoothing over with a spoon to ensure it is all pushed into the points of the tin, pushing the batter up the sides of the tin a little.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 35-45 mins until cooked through, the sponge should be light and springy and when a knife or skewer is inserted into the centre of the cake it should come out clean.
- Once cooked, leave in the tin for 5 minutes invert the tin and carefully lift it up to reveal your amazing bundt cake. Dust with icing sugar for a snowy effect. Add a little sprinkle of glitter or edible lustre if you wish to make it twinkly. Slice and serve slightly warm. The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days or can also be frozen for up to 3 months.