Wondering what to do with your leftover Easter chocolate? Recreate your favourite childhood treat with these Mini Egg chocolate Rice Krispie squares.
Easy to make, they use only a handful of ingredients and are the no-bake dessert recipe that kids will love whipping up (or forget the children and waffle them all yourself!). Ready in as few as ten minutes, the hardest part will be leaving them to set before you tuck in.
– 500 g milk chocolate
– 140 g Rice Krispies
– 110 g unsalted butter
– 100 g mini eggs
– 120 g golden syrup
- 20 g milk chocolate
- 20 g mini eggs
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melting your chocolate: Fill a small/medium saucepan with boiling water to about a quarter full. On a low heat bring the water to a simmer. Break your 400 g chocolate into squares and place in a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. Let the water simmer for 2-3 minute until the chocolate melts completely. Then take the heatproof bowl off the heat.
- Melt your butter in the microwave (15 seconds) then add this to the bowl with the chocolate. Add all of the golden syrup and stir it all together.
- Add the Rice Krispies and Mini Eggs to the mixture to stir it until all the Rice Krispies are cover in chocolate and the mini eggs are evenly spread.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Grate the decorative chocolate over the mixture and place bigger chunks on top to make it even more chocolatey!
- Place the mixture in the fridge and let it set for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!