In this week’s Chefs Series, Lusin Mayfair takes the helm with their gut-loving lentil kofta recipe.
Lusin is an authentic Armenian restaurant with cuisine influenced by the vibrant cultures of Eastern Europe and the Levant. Created by Dr Mazen Amulgbel of Mira Foods, Lusin is the first Armenian restaurant in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with outposts in the high-end venue “Centria” in Riyadh, Diyafa Plaza Riyadh, Teatro Jeddah, Al-Shaikh Avenue Al Khobar, and now Mayfair London. An award-winning gastronomic concept born out of inspirational travels to Armenia and Lebanon, their fresh ingredients, delicious unique dishes and fusion concept have made it an instant success.
Lusin Mayfair’s lentil kofta recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 200g of cooked red lentils
- 100g of brown-soaked bulgur
- 50g of spiced red pepper paste
- 2g of ground cumin
- 2g of ground coriander
- 5g of fine sea salt
- 60ml of good quality olive oil
- 100g of finely diced and sweated brown Spanish onion
- 5g of ground paprika
- 2gr of chilli powder
- Cook and cool down lentils for up to 20 minutes or until they’re soft, in the separated bowl soak bulgur in hot water for about 15 minutes. Drain both of the water and put them into a large mixing bowl. Mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place into the plate with two spoons forming a quenelle, dress well with olive oil and salad leaves and halved cherry tomatoes.