For this week’s Chef Series takeover we’re giving the reins to Sarah Wasserman, Head of Food Development at Mallow, the recently opened Vegan restaurant from the same team behind the iconic Mildreds. Taking centre stage is a Vegetable Garden with deliciously creamy Whipped Feta – perfect for summer hosting!
With over 26 years experience as a chef and recipe developer, primarily in plant-based food, Sarah is responsible for the development of both restaurant’s menus, and co-wrote Mildreds two cookbooks. Mallow recently opened its newest site in Canary Wharf on Monday 26th June, with this recipe one of its signature dishes.
Vegetable Garden With Whipped Feta
Preparation time: Under 20 minutes
Cook time: Under 5 minutes
Serves: 6 People
For the whipped feta
- 1 white feta block (Vegans can sub out for plant-based feta)
- Olive oil: 15 g
- Lemon zest: 1 lemon
- Cream (dairy or plant-based): 150g
- Salt: a pinch
- Black pepper: a pinch
For the vegetable dippers
- Tender stem broccoli
- Cherry tomatoes
- Or anything you’d like!
To garnish (optional)
- Edible flowers
1. Cut the feta into cubes. The next step requires a food mixer or a food processor.
2. Place the feta into the a food mixer and beat with the paddle. Add each ingredient, one at the time, until you get a smooth, creamy consistency.
3. Blitz the feta in a food processor, adding the oil and cream slowly. Mix in the rest of the ingredients with a spatula.
Cut the vegetables as you like. We cut them lengthwise, for ease of dipping. Place the whipped feta in a bowl in the middle of a serving plate. Lie the veggies around the bowl, and garnish with some edible flowers.